LESSON SEVENTH: ON OUR LORD’S PASSION, DEATH, RESURRECTION, AND ASCENSION
78. Q. What did Jesus Christ Suffer?
A. Jesus Christ suffered a bloody sweat, a cruel scourging, was crowned with thorns, and was crucified.
79. Q. On what clay did Christ die?
A. Christ died on Good Friday.
83. Q. Why did Christ suffer and die?
A. Christ suffered and died for our sins
89. Q. On what day did Christ rise from the dead?
A. Christ rose from the dead, glorious and immortal, on Easter Sunday, the third day after His death.
91. Q. After Christ had remained forty days on earth, whither did He go?
A. After forty days Christ ascended into heaven, and the day on which He ascended into heaven is called Ascension day.
#78. It struck me as odd that only Jesus’ physical sufferings were mentioned. That He also suffered ridicule, humiliation, etc is not said, yet in my experience, mental anguish can be as bad or worse as physical pain, and is definitely as real.
Just an observation, I know that the catechism says what it says, but that just struck me as I read it. Maybe they don’t think that children might know that