Hello. My name is Lyn and I am a coffee addict.
My observations, in the spirit of Forest Gump…how life is like coffee:
1. I have a favorite cup I pour my coffee into. I have favorite people I pour my life into.
2. I can’t have either without a sweetener. Cream and sugar are my choice for coffee; Laughter and love, for my life.
3. I want my coffee to be either hot or cold. Jesus wants my spiritual life to be the same. Lukewarm coffee is almost as bad as a lukewarm life…both are apt to be spewed at some point.
4. For a good, strong cup of coffee, beans must first be roasted, then ground, and perked in hot water over time.
The strongest people I know have endured fiery trials and crushing disappointments. Their secret was to immerse themselves in the Word of God and spend their time wisely, steeped in prayer.
5. Coffee and life are both best when shared unselfishly with family and friends around a kitchen table.