I feel bad for Thomas. He has a forever negative reputation for being human like me.
So, he needed extra proof…so do I some days.
So, he was skeptical…nothing wrong with that, is there? Aren’t we told to be wise as serpents..innocent as doves? How can we be wise if we believe everything we’re told.
If you are like Thomas (and me), and won’t believe until you can see and feel His wounds for yourself, don’t be surprised or dismayed when you are given the opportunity to do so, because, if you ask, there will be opportunity.
These thoughts have been rattling around my wee brain for several days. While relating to Thomas’ request, it was as if I heard the Lord speak to my heart; You don’t even know what you’re asking, Lyn. Do you really want to feel my wounds?
This is what my wounds feel like:
- When the weight of your burden brings you to your knees;
—Remember, I also fell under the weight of my own cross, and needed help bearing it.
- When your body is wracked with chronic physical pain;
—Join Me in My scourging. I suffered similar physical pain from strikes, stripes, and blows.
- When your ideas, and ideals are held in derision. Your very motives of your deepest thoughts and desires are suspect.
—Experience the same pointed, piercing thorns that were forced into My brow.
- When the work of your hands is belittled, or scoffed.
—Feel the nail prints in My hands.
- When the path that you walk is misunderstood or held in suspicion.
—Remember the wounds in My feet.
- When your support system crumbles. There is no one you can trust, no one who understands, you feel forgotten or overlooked.
—Participate in the loneliness and grief I felt when even My own Father turned His back on Me.
- When your heart is pierced by reckless words or actions of those you love;
—Plunge your hand into the wound in My side that had gushed forth blood and water for you.
Be careful what you ask for…but if you mean it…here I am.